Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So they say...




Those silly wives tales! Thus far we've been told:

"You're carrying it low. It's definitely a boy!"
"Do you feel disgusting? or that your face is distorted? cause surely a girl sucks all the beauty from you and makes you feel ugly!"
"Are you craving meat? Yes... well then it's most definitely a boy."
"The heartbeat is fast. You know what they say... a girl's heart beats faster."

Then there are all those who have made an intuitive guess in which most declared a boy for certain.

Well today the Pike family discovered if there was truth to a wives tale or if any of our friends are psychic. We also discovered that our kid is all skin and bones. The baby is wearing a pretty cool Halloween costume right now! Most importantly our expert sonographer confirmed that the baby has a beautiful spine, a clearly defined skull fortunately with a left and right brain, the heart consists of four chambers, and the legs measure in at 1 inch. Our doctor later reassured us that our baby is normal:) Oh, yeah she also congratulated us on having a healthy 8oz baby girl!

So, our pregnancy adventure continues... as we welcome a baby girl into the family we ponder all the joy she shall bring. The sweet laughter, the innocent smiles, and the precious twirls of a skirt but also to think of the gossip, sleepovers, and dating to come... Oh boy! No matter who she may become we are honored to welcome a baby girl into the world. We look forward to growing with her and getting to know all her talents and quirks that make her the unique individual that she is and always will be.

4 comments:

  1. I'm speechless! Guess my auntie intuition was off...this girl is going to be so fashionable ;-)
    Congratulations Pike family! What a great way to end the day! :o)
    All my love,
    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure I had it right...darn it! A healthy baby girl!! Yay! Congratulations!! Loved seeing the bump in full effect this weekend mama-to-be! Hugs and Kisses, Keiper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guessed girl!! I am so happy and excited it is a girl - perhaps I am biased because I have a girl....though we'll find out in 6 weeks or so the sex of #2. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the Bischoff girl's continue one! I'm so happy for you and Dana! I can't wait to meet this beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete